Urru kidnapping: Terzi, no comment on ransom demand

Foreign Minister in Ethiopia for joint anti-terror efforts

03 May, 11:03

(ANSAmed) - ADDIS ABABA, MAY 3 - "I have no comment to make on the news that I saw this morning in the main information outlets," the Italian Foreign Minister, Giulio Terzi, has said in Addis Ababa today, in response to a question on the 30 million euro ransom demand reported to have been made by the kidnappers of Rossella Urru, the Italian aid worker kidnapped in Algeria in October last year.

"I would like to make clear that efforts to counter terrorism, which manifests itself in these kidnappings, is a commitment that we share with our leading friends and partners, and here in Addis Ababa this will be a central issue among those to be discussed at all levels of government," Terzi said. "We continue to be extremely active on the Urru case," the Foreign minister added. "As the Italian government, we continue to follow the case with all of the authorities involved," he continued, expressing his "deepest and closest solidarity to Rossella's family, whom I met a few weeks ago at the Foreign Ministry". (ANSAmed).

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © Copyright ANSA